Alternatively known as the Skilled Independent Visa, the 189 Visa is undoubtedly the most remunerative visa subclass. Skilled individuals from every nook and cranny of the globe and New Zealand, in particular, can apply for this visa. With Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189, you can work and reside anywhere in Australia on a permanent basis. Today’s post will acquaint you with the 189 Visa Australia and its various aspects.
189 Visa Australia Streams
The 189 visa has got two individual streams. These include the New Zealand Stream and that of Points Tested Stream. A brief introduction to each of these visa streams can be considered below.
- New Zealand Stream: Citizens of New Zealand can chiefly apply for this particular visa stream. They must be the holder of the New Zealand Special Category (subclass 444) while applying for this visa stream. It lets citizens of New Zealand reside and work in Australia permanently. However, eligible applicants must showcase a good deal of contribution and commitment to the Australian workforce. To become eligible one should have stayed in Australia at least for the past five years. Living in any way should have started before or on 19th February 2016.
- Points Test Stream: Skilled workers from anywhere in the world can apply for this stream on the invitation. Make sure you are below 45 years of age while applying for this visa stream. You don’t need to have a nominator or sponsor so as to apply for this particular visa stream. Once you are granted this visa stream, you can live and work in Australia permanently.
Fundamental Eligibility Criteria For Skilled Independent Visa 189
To apply for the 189 Visa Australia you must meet a couple basic eligibility requirements. Meet the subsequent eligibility conditions and pave your way to attain a Permanent Residency in Australia.
- As the primary applicant, you must meet the pertinent health and character requirements
- You must be invited to apply if you are applying for the points test stream
- Make sure that you possess a reasonable proficiency in English. Some of the English language tests which you can appear in include TOEFL, Occupational English Test, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced English or Pearson Test of English, etc.
- Ascertain that you don’t have a visa application rejected or a former visa canceled previously. This rule applies to the last substantive visa type which you held while residing in Australia.
- You need to obtain the desired score of the points-based test of sixty-five points or more if required.
- You should be nominated for an occupation comprising the Medium to Long Term Skills List (MLTSSL)
Note, that to become eligible for this particular visa, you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) effectively. Subsequently, the Department of Home Affairs will invite you to apply. It is only after that when you will be able to apply for the 189 visa in the proper and expected way.
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Benefits
The biggest benefit of this visa is that it lets you stay and work in Australia permanently. A few of the other benefits which you can expect can be considered below.
- You can apply for citizenship of Australia only if you are eligible for it
- You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for a period of five years
- You can sponsor eligible relatives to obtain a Permanent Residency in Australia
- As the main applicant, you will be able to enroll in Medicare. It is a popular healthcare scheme of Australia which assures to cover all your health-related costs.
- You can study as well as work in Australia with your 189 visa
- Most importantly, you can reside in Australia for the rest of your life.
Remember, it might happen that you don’t wish to work in Australia with this particular visa. In that case, you can commence your own business as well.
Important Documents Needed For Visa Subclass 189
Before applying for the 189 Skilled Migration Perth visa you must gather a few documents imperatively. A checklist of these documents can be considered below.
- All the crucial documents related to your Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Each of your skills assessment credentials
- Documents pertaining to dependants who are above the age of eighteen years
- Documents pertaining to dependants who are less than the age of eighteen years
- All the necessary documents pertaining to your partner
- Credentials that prove your reasonable competency in the English language
- Documents that prove that you are of a good moral character
- Documents that pertain to your relationship and
- Last but not the least, you should be handy with all your identity documents
After you have gathered all these documents, you need to prepare them in the proper and expected way. So, to get started, you need to translate these documents first which are not written in English. Subsequently, you need to scan the photographs so as to upload them digitally.
Time To Apply For Your Skilled Independent Subclass 189
So, now that you are ready with all the required documents you need to apply for the 189 visa. Follow these steps to ensure a successful 189 visa application.
- After receiving the invitation you must apply within the next sixty days
- You will be granted a Bridging Visa after the Department of Home Affairs has approved your visa application.
- Subsequently, the Australian Immigration Department will notify you about the final outcome of your visa.
- If you are granted the 189 Visa Australia, you will receive certain things from the Department of Home Affairs. These include your potential visa conditions, the commencement date of your visa, and the approval number of your visa.
- Conversely, if your visa has been refused, the Australian Immigration Department will tell you about that as well.
Do you need premium Immigration services Perth while applying for your 189 Visa Australia? If so, then, contact a top-notch Migration Agent Perth to get the best assistance in this matter. Right from lodging an EOI till the final approval of your visa, your Immigration Agent Perth will assist you at every step.