Skilled workers who are interested in working in a regional area of Australia can apply for Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 489 to work in the said country for up to four years. Victorian Government offers the nomination for this visa to the eligible and highly skilled professionals who wish to live and work in the specified regional area of Australia. This Visa provides a pathway for permanent residency in Australia.
This Skilled Visa 489 is also available for the candidates who get sponsored by their Australian relatives, state government or a territory agency to visit Australia. Candidates interested in this visa must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for invited pathway and apply for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (Visa Subclass 489) Visa for extended pathway.
What are 489 visa conditions?
You could apply for this visa if:
You fulfill the below requirements of the Skilled Regional Subclass 489 Visa for Australia:
- Possess 60 points on the points table
- Is proficient in English language
- Be invited by an Australian government agency or an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
- Possess work offer from relevant field
- Pass a suitable skills evaluation for your area of work
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
What are the 489 Visa privileges?
The Australian Visa 489 allows the skilled workers from overseas to work and study in a specified regional area of Australia for up to four years. Later when you qualify you can apply for Australian permanent residence through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (Subclass 887) and sponsor your family members to enter in Australia. Other than this you may also travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
You can include your partner and child or step-child (of yours or your partner) in your application.
Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
Eligibility for Skilled Regional Visa 489
In order to get the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 Visa grant, the applicants must meet the below eligibility criteria:
- They must satisfy all the aspects of subsequent health requirements.
- Must pass the set character requirements
- Must not have any debts towards Australian government and must repay if any
- You may not be eligible if you had a visa rejection previously while you were in Australia.
Skilled Regional 489 Visa FAQ’s
What is the cost of this visa application?
This visa application costs around AUD 3,755.
How long it takes to process this visa application?
It takes up to 10 months for this visa to come through.
How can I move from a provisional visa to a permanent visa?
- You are eligible to apply for a permanent visa if you have resided in a regional location of Australia for 2 years.
- You also have to have employment for 12 months in any regional area of Australia.
- You can also be self-employed for a period of 12 months in any regional state of Australia.
How to I apply for a Skilled Regional Visa?
There is a 3-point visa application process for this visa:
- The 1st Step
Firstly, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has to judge you on your skill set and define the area you can work in.
- The 2nd Step
Once you have been approved, you have to make an application of interest through their Skill Select option.
- The 3rd Step
The final step will involve you applying finally after the state sends you an Invitation to Apply. This is the last step after which you will have to wait for the visa to be granted to you.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.