Individuals who have stayed in a regional area of Australia (Low populated areas – Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales- Everywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong, Queensland- Everywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast, Victoria- Everywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area and Western Australia- Everywhere except Perth and surrounding areas) for at least two years can apply for a Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887.To apply for this Skilled Visa 887 all applicant needs to do is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that they qualify for the given eligibility criteria.
You can apply for Skilled Visa Subclass 887 if:
You fulfill the below requirements of the Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Subclass 187 or the Visa 887:
- Be a holder of subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487; or a Bridging visa A or B post applying for subclass 489, 495 or 497 visas
- Must have stayed in a specific regional area of Australia for at least 2 years
- Must have worked as a full-time employee in a specific regional area for at least 1 year
What are the 887 Visa Australia privileges?
The 887 visa allows the skilled workers to live, work and study in Australia permanently. Later when you qualify and meet the subsequent criteria’s you may apply for Australian citizenship and sponsor your eligible family members for permanent residency in Australia. As a holder of this subclass 887 visa you may also enroll in Medicare, a scheme for Australia’s health care and expenses.
Eligibility for Subclass 887 visa Australia
In order to get the Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme 187 Visa grant, the applicants must meet the below eligibility criteria:
- They must hold a valid visa (as mentioned above) to apply
- Must meet the health requirements
- Must be of good moral conduct and present the appropriate character proof (police clearance certificate)
- Must not possess any outstanding debts towards the Australian government or have arranged to repay (if not yet paid)
- You might not be qualified for this visa if you have had a cancelled or refused visa during your previous stay in Australia
Skilled Regional 887 Visa FAQ’s
How long does this visa let me stay in Australia?
Since Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is a permanent visa; hence, it lasts forever. It takes in effect from the date of visa grant.
How long it takes to process this visa application?
Generally, 75 percent of the Skilled Visa 887 applications gets processed within nine months and 90 percent gets processed within 11 months’ time.
Will this visa affect my travel plans?
No. The visa lets one travel within and outside Australia as often and as much as he wants for up to five (5) years after the grant of visa.
What is the cost of this visa application?
The estimate cost of Skilled Visa application is around AUD $385
Do I have to be in Australia to apply for this visa?
The applicant of Subclass 887 Visa must lodge an application for this visa from Australia and must also be present in the country when the decision on the application is made.