Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 lets the Australian employers recruit genuine skilled workers from overseas to address the labour shortage which occur as they failed to fulfill the same through Australian skilled source. The TSS visa 482 holders are allowed to work in their nominated occupation in Australia for their sponsor under one of the mentioned three streams available in the 482 visa Australia.
You could apply for this Visa Subclass 482 if:
You fulfill the below requirements of the Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482 Visa for Australia:
- Have beennominated for occupation by an approved Australian business
- Possess the relevant qualification and skills required for the nominated position.
- Fulfil the requirements of the applied stream
What are the 482 Visa Australia privileges?
The 482 Visa Australia allows the skilled workers to work in Australia for the duration of your visa. You are also entitled to include your family members in your visa 482 Australia application and travel in and outside of Australia for any number of timed till your visa is valid.
Eligibility for TSS 482 Visa:
In order to get the TSS 482 Visa grant, the applicants must meet the below eligibility criteria:
- The proposed sponsor (an approved sponsor) should file an application for the applicant.
- They must demonstrate proficiency in the English Language. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Show evidence of relevant skills for the nominated position. Documents may include a resume, qualification certificates, employment references and license proof.
- Meet the minimum standards of health and demonstrate evidence of appropriate health insurance.
- Satisfy the general code of conduct to represent a good character.
Share this information with your friends:
Skill Shortage 482 Visa FAQ’s
What is the cost of this visa application?
The cost to apply forTemporary Work Visa in Australia for short-term stream is AUD 1,175. The cost for medium-term and labour agreement is AUD 2400. The applicant may bear other costs such as police certificate and health examination.
What is the maximum age limit for this visa?
There is no age limit to apply for the temporary visa.
How long does this visa let me stay in Australia?
The applicants can stay for 1 to 4 years in Australia based on visa stream and nominated occupation. The duration is mentioned in the visa grant notification.
How long it takes to process this visa application?
- Short-term Stream: 11 to 18 days
- Medium-Term Streams: 11 to 17 days
How do I apply for TSS Visa 482?
The process involves three steps:
- Sponsorship application by the proposed sponsor
- The employer files a nomination application for skilled occupation for the worker
- Filing a visa application by the candidate
Who could be included in my visa application?
You can include you partner in your visa application along with members such as childrenwhen lodging TSS visa application. Your family members can work unlimited and avail study opportunities. Adequate evidence of relationship is mandatory.
Do I have to be in Australia to apply for this visa?
No. Applicants can apply for temporary skilled shortage visa both from inside and outside Australia.
Exception: Applicants cannot apply for short-term TSS if
- They stayed in Australia at the time when the latest TSS visa application was filed.
- They have had TSS short-term stream visa more than once.
What documents do I need to apply for TSS Visa?
Documents about identity, English Language competency, occupation, skills, health, a testimony of family members and character certificates are required.
How to I apply for a 482 visa?
Make an online request to apply for this visa. Get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number) from your sponsoring employer. Enter relevant details and pay the application fee.
Can I renew my visa once it is due to expire?
Yes. For visas granted to occupations on the STSOL, a visa holder can re-apply for one for further two years TSS visa.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.