Student visa 500 is intended for the international students from across the globe who want to pursue their education in Australia. This visa lets you enroll in an accredited Australian institution for a full-time course. With this visa subclass 500 the students from overseas can stay in Australia up till their educational course completes or for up to five years (whichever is earlier). You may also work for around 20 hours weekly on this visa. The Subclass 500 Visa also entitles the eligible guardians of the international students to join and live with them by lodging an application for Student Guardian Subclass 590 Visa.
Who is authorized to apply for Student visa subclass 500?
This Student Visa subclass 500 Australia is obtainable by:
- The overseas student whose application of enrolment is approved by the Australian university or college
- The international students under 18 years who have made suitable arrangements for living in Australia
What visa subclass 500 entitles you to do in Australia?
The international students who have been granted Visa Subclass 500 can study a full-time CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered course in Australia. Eligible members are also free to join you in Australia. Anyone with a valid student visa in Australia can work for up to 40 hours per fortnight while the course is underway and unlimited number of hours during designated course breaks. Those pursuing a master’s degree in research or doctoral degree have no restrictions on working hours.
Student Visa 500 Requirements:
You will be eligible for Student Visa 500 if meet the certain requirements such as:
- You must me at least six years of age or above
- You must have secured an admission in a CRICOS registered education provider in Australia and have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from them
- You must register for OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) which will be liable for any of your medical costs while your period of stay in Australia.
- You must also fulfill the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement to secure a student visa in Australia.
- You must also provide a certain proficiency in the English language by securing a satisfactory test score in any approved English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. except in the case you originate from USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand or Republic of Ireland.
- You must satisfy a minimum financial requirement (not necessary for a few nationalities) that covers all the costs necessary for studying in Australia.
- You must meet certain health requirements by undergoing a health examination from a registered health practitioner (if applicable).
Share this information with your friends:
FAQ’s of Student Visa Subclass 500
What is GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant)?
Genuine Temporary Entrant is a letter written by the international students to explain the reasons they want to study in Australia. This should clearly state that the applicant is interested in studying only and is coming from overseas and not applying for this visa to maintain the ongoing residency.
How long does this student visa 500 application takes to process?
The 75 percent of the Student Visa applications gets processed within two months and 95 percent applications take up to 90 days to process.
What are the other important rules attached to this visa?
In Australia, while on Student Visa one needs to remember some key aspects, such as it is important to maintain your enrolment in an approved course, by maintaining your study requirements. It is important for you to know that you will not be allowed to swap for a lower course in Australia. However, if you are planning to swap for a higher-level course, then you may. Also, one must comply with the conditions mentioned on the student visa grant about working hours.