Migrating to Australia is one of the best options for many people, including international students. Students from South Africa, the UK and Southeast Asia migrate to Australia for studying at the top Australian universities.
If one plans to relocate to Australia for further studies, it is important to apply for student visas. Australia is a beautiful place that provides a good work environment and many attractive places to travel but is ideal for pursuing education.
Citizens from other countries migrate to Australia every year to take advantage of the work environment and pleasant weather. Visas are required to pursue further studies and get permanent residency.
PR In Australia – Facts About Australian Permanent Residency
A permanent resident of Australia has various entitlements and rights as a citizen, but few differences. A citizen can enter and leave Australia anytime, but if a PR citizen chooses to travel overseas, they need to have a permanent visa with a legitimate travel authority.
- The citizens can vote in the Australian government elections, but a PR residence cannot. For the citizens and noncitizens, the eligibility for Australian benefits and services are given by government agencies.
Many international students aspire to apply for permanent residency after completing their graduation. They need to express interest through the skills select migration program to apply. A valid option is the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). This visa is a point-test visa for skilled workers aged 18 to 49. This visa lets a person live and work in Australia permanently.
Read Our Latest Blog:- 7 BENEFITS OF BEING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AUSTRALIA
PR In Australia With Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 is a permanent resident visa that allows New Zealand citizens and invited workers to work and live in Australia. The cost of this visa is approximately AUD 4,045. The application process for the 189 visas in Australia requires a positive skills assessment before sending in the EOI through the Skill select portal. One has to pass some requirements to apply for this visa-
- Have to be younger than 45 years
- Nominate occupation that matches skills and qualifications
- Score a minimum of 65 on the conducted points test
- Receive an invitation to apply via the skill portal
- Meet requirements for English language proficiency
- Have skills evaluated by authorities in charge of the process
PR In Australia With Employer-Sponsored Visa 186
The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a visa that lets Australian employers sponsor international workers by giving them job opportunities and a chance to live and work permanently in Australia. An important feature of the visa is that it allows the holder to work and stay in Australia as a permanent resident.
The Employer nomination scheme subclass 186 has more than two streams to filter the interested applicants. The most relevant stream for students is the direct entry stream. This stream is made for international students who do not meet the requirements of the temporary transition stream.
The applicants who go through the direct entry stream have to follow some criteria like-
- Lawfully and actively operate in Australia
- Meet the relevant requirements for employees training
- To not possess adverse information about them or people associated with them.
- Need to be in a genuine and valid position
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Hold a successful skill assessment for the relevant working field
- Meet the character and health requirements
- Show good English speaking skills
The visa applicant needs to be-
- Under 50 years of age
- Have a minimum of 3 years working experience
- Meet the relevant health and character requirements
- Demonstrate good proficiency in the English language
PR In Australia – Increase Your Chances Of Securing PR
A skilled independent visa is considered one of the best chances for international students to get permanent residency in Australia after completing education. For one to get approved by a GSM is dependent upon scoring in points tests. There are some ways to boost scores in a test-
- Increase Qualifications– one can increase qualifications to help one score better in the test. People between 25 and 32 are offered 30 points, but those above 45 years old do not get any points.
- Language Proficiency– applicants are needed to demonstrate their skills in the English language. An IELTS score of 7 or 8 gives 10 and 20 points, respectively.
- Job Experience– even if a person has a year of job experience after completing a degree, it provides five extra points on the test. The more experience a candidate has, the more points they are awarded. Therefore, international students need to gain work experience.
- Post-Study Work in Australia– if one stays back in Australia after completing their degree, they can get more time to work on the job experience. It allows students to brush up on their language skills. One can secure a temporary graduate visa that allows one to remain in the country for 18 months.
Read Our Latest Blog:- WHAT ARE THE AVAILABLE POST-STUDY OPTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN AUSTRALIA?
PR In Australia – General FAQs
Some questions are always in the minds of aspirants regarding getting permanent residency in Australia. The questions from where to stay in Australia after studying various skill select programs.
Can I Stay In Australia After My Studies?
Australia provides post-study extensions on a student visa for international students to live in the country and enhance their degree qualifications. A post-study work visa can allow one to live in the country for four years.
What Is a Skillselect Program?
SkillSelect is an online government system that allows aspiring migrants to submit an EOI. An EOI is not considered a visa application but proof needed for a skilled visa for migration to Australia.
With the aid of SkillSelect, one can either be invited by the government to submit a visa application or be nominated for a skilled visa by many Australian employers and state governments. SkillSelect eases the visa application process and enhances skilled migrants employment prospects.
What Is Skilled Independent Subclass 189?
The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa need not ask for any territory or state nomination. If an international student has graduated from Australia and is not sponsored by a relative or an employer, they can apply for this visa.
What Is Employer-Sponsored Visa 186?
This visa allows employees to hire foreign workers permanently to fulfil skill shortages in the Australian workspace. The employer-sponsored subclass 186 visa is a permanent residency visa that needs the sponsorship of a nominating employee.
How Migration Agent Perth Will Help In Getting PR In Australia?
Some of the Best Migration Agent Perth help students make them aware of the rules of permanent residency in Australia. These agents help gather information regarding various visas and their use for international students in Australia.
There are many immigration centres in Perth, but Immigration Agent Perth stands out and gives the best immigration against available in the area. The agents are world-class professionals who have a good knowledge of various immigration rules in Australia. So, it is better to get in touch with them for any issues concerning permanent residency.