The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa or Subclass 482 was launched after the 20-year-old Employer-Sponsored Visa 457 was terminated. This particular visa is ideal for employers who want to bring in skilled workers to address labour shortages.
TSS 482 Visa can offer many benefits to skilled workers apart from allowing them to work in Australia. To learn and understand what this visa has in-store, this guide will provide you with useful information about it.
What is TSS 482 Visa?
TSS or Temporary Skill Shortage Visa is a work visa that enables all Australian employers to sponsor skilled workers from overseas. Employers opt for this visa when they want people to work for their business in Australia. The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 was introduced way back on March 19th, 2019. It also has four streams under its belt, and they are:
1. Short-Term Stream
This particular stream will allow all employers to bring in skilled workers for their business in Australia. People who apply for this visa can stay in Australia for 2 years, and they can also stay for 4 years if an ITO or Internal Traded Obligation applies. Citizens of Hong Kong can stay in the country for 5 years.
2. Medium-Term Stream
This is another stream under Subclass 482, which will enable all the Australian employers to bring in all the skilled workers from overseas. The visa will allow a person to live and work in Australia for 4 years and the passport holders from Hong Kong and live in the country for 5 years. The applicant’s occupation should be listed on MLTSSL [Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List] or ROL [Regional Occupation List].
3. Labour Agreement Stream
This stream is for all the skilled workers their Australian employers have nominated. The employer must have a Labour Agreement. As a skilled worker, you can temporarily work and reside in the country. This visa is created between the employers and the Government of Australia. Through this visa or stream, skilled workers can stay in Australia for 4 years, and people from Hong Kong can stay for 5 years.
4. Subsequent Entrant
This particular visa is for the family members of the TSS and subclass 457 visa holders who are separately applying for the TSS visa. This unique thing about the Subsequent Entrant Visa is that people can stay in Australia until the visa expires. This means if the visa has a validity of 6 years, the visa holder can stay in Australia for 6 years straight.
Read Our Latest Blog:- GRADUATE VISA SUBCLASS 485 REFUSED – KNOW THE TOP 10 REASONS
What are the TSS Visa Work Experience Requirements?
When applying for the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482, applicants have to provide evidence of their work experience. They need to prove that they have 2 years of full-time work experience in the nominated occupations or any other related field. This should be commenced within a period of the last 5 years.
There is also flexibility for several sectors when the work experience is gained through or is a part of:
- Research for PhD or Master in research and medical-based occupations.
- Professional Year Program.
- Clinical internships and placements [For instance, the medical practitioners have a final year practical training].
The part-time work will be considered for all the highly relevant skills.
You Might Like This:- HOW DO YOU OBTAIN PERMANENT RESIDENCY AFTER COMPLETING YOUR STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
What are the Main Responsibilities of a TSS Nomination Sponsor?
The visa subclass 482 sponsor must provide the period and location of the occupation in the nomination. The sponsor should also pay up the nomination and state the legal employment contract abides by the territory, commonwealth or state, and any national law.
What is the Meaning of Condition 8607? What Impact Does It Have on a TSS Visa applicant?
The actual meaning behind Condition 8607 is that:
- The applicant must begin their work within 90 days. For all the onshore applicants, the 90-day period will begin when their 482 Visa Australia is approved date. On the other hand, the counting begins for all the offshore applicants after the applicant arrives in Australia post visa grant.
- The applicant should repeatedly work with the approved sponsor for a minimum of 60 days.
- Applicants should get a mandatory membership, license or registration.
If applicants wish to change their occupation, they have to lodge a new application and a new application. Apart from that, the applicant changing the employer or the sponsor should be sponsored by the new employer and apply for a new nomination but not a new visa. This will not extend the visa length or enable the applicant to work at the new occupation.
Also Read This Blog:- 7 BENEFITS OF BEING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AUSTRALIA
What is TSS Visa Processing Time and Cost?
The cost and the 482 Visa Processing Time might vary greatly, and this is because the processing time and the cost will depend on the stream an applicant opts for. Here are the processing time and cost of all streams of the Subclass 482 visa:
- Short-Term Stream: The cost for the short-term stream is AUD 1,290. For this visa, 75% of the applications are processed within 7 months, and 90% are processed within 12 months.
- Medium-Term Stream: The cost for the medium-term stream is AUD 2,690, and the processing time for 75% of the applications takes 5 months. Apart from that, 90% of the applications get processed in 8 months.
- Labour Agreement Stream: The cost of the labour agreement stream is AUD 2,690, and about 75% of the applicants get processed within 3 months, and 90% of them gets processed within 7 months.
- Subsequent Entrant: The cost for this particular visa is AUD 1290, and this visa doesn’t have any processing time.
The TSS or Temporary Skill Shortage Visa is ideal for all employers who wish to bring in skilled workers from overseas to work for their business in Australia.
But if you are applying for this visa for the first time, please speak with the experts from Immigration Agent Perth as they can help you in matters. They have a lot of experience and will provide you with accurate information about 482 visa.
The professionals from Migration Agent Perth will assist you throughout the entire visa process and answer all your questions along the way.