Are you a skilled worker aspiring to live and work in Australia? It’s a great decision to take as Australia provides an excellent environment for workers who are experts in skills and have great value in the country. What you just need is a visa which will give you the necessary permission. And, that visa is Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189.
What is Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189?
189 Visa Australia is a point-based visa and this is applicable for skilled workers who are not sponsored by his/her employer, any of the family members, or any state or territorial authority. The most significant advantage of this visa is that this is a permanent visa that will allow you to live and work in Australia permanently.
What Will Visa Subclass 189 Allow You To Do?
There are a number of advantages that you can take from this Grab An Opportunity To Be A Permanent Resident In Australia With 189 Visa Australia. There are as follows
1. Permanent living and work: Just as mentioned in the previous point that you will be allowed to live and work permanently in Australia with this visa. Sounds exciting, isn’t it?
2. Study: Not just living and working there, you can also enrol yourself in a desired academic or training programme at a chosen institute.
3. Health insurance benefits: With a 189 Visa Australia, you can enrol in Medicare, which is the health insurance scheme in Australia that can help you with health-related care and expenditure. This will be much relieving because this will help you focus more on your study and work.
4. Social security payments: You’re coming from a country to work in Australia and social security must be an important point to think about. This visa will enable you to access social security payments.
5. Application for Australian citizenship: As you will be able to live and work in Australia for an indefinite period of time, you will definitely want to become an Australian citizen so that you can also enjoy rights that other citizens do, right? Well, that can be possible. You can apply for Australian citizenship, based on your residency criteria.
6. Sponsor for family members: As you get your permanent residency, you can easily sponsor your beloved family members for their permanent residency.
Read Our Latest Blog- IS STUDENT VISA SUBCLASS 500 A PERMANENT VISA IN AUSTRALIA?
What Are The Application Requirements For 189 Visa Australia?
Feeling really enthusiastic to apply for grab an opportunity to be a permanent resident In Australia With Skilled Independent Subclass 189? Well, hold for a while. Make sure you will meet the following application requirements:
1. First of all, you should make sure that your occupation is there on the list of skilled occupations. So, before you apply, you must make yourself equipped with the desired skill that is on the list.
2. A skilled migration points test is conducted in which you have to meet the pass mark in order to be eligible for the application to 189 Visa Australia.
3. You have to score a point of 65 or more on the points test.
4. Age limit is a key requirement for any application. Your age should lie between 18 and 44 at the time of your application.
5. Skills Assessment is another test that is conducted associated with the skilled occupation list. To be eligible, you have to come through Skills Assessment in flying colors.
6. Having appropriate English Language requirements is one of the important migration eligibility requirements as English is the official and working language in Australia. To work here, you must have competent English knowledge. English test results remain valid for three years for the migration purpose.
7. You have to take certain health examinations to get health certifications. Besides that, you also need to produce character certifications.
8. Expression of interest or EOI is a documented way which you will use to convince the Australian Government about your willingness and passion to live and work in Australia. You must lodge an EOI, thus clearing your path to get invited to apply.
What Is The Application Procedure For Skilled Independent Visa 189?
The whole application procedure involves a number of steps. The application processing time varies depending on the number of applicants. As per Point Tested Stream, 75% of the applications get processed in 12 months while 90% of them can take a maximum time of 18 months. It is recommended to make prior arrangements for the application. As per New Zealand Stream, 75% of the application process in 15 months and 90% in 17 months.
First of all, you have to apply for your skills assessment. Then you have to lodge the EOI, which is the most important document which will explain your motivation behind working in Australia. The claims that you will make in your EOI, with relevant evidence off course, will determine your invitation. In response to your lodged EOI, If you get the invitation to apply for this visa, you will have 60 days in your hands to apply for the visa. You will get to know the application procedure in your invitation letter itself, which you will have to follow. Also remember that, while applying, your application should include that information which you mentioned in EOI.
What Are the Points To Keep In Mind Regarding The Inclusion Of Family Members?
Who doesn’t want to live together with family members? Family provides the necessary support, both mentally as well as financially. In a foreign country, you will love to have your beloved ones beside you, right? Here are some important points that you must keep in mind regarding the inclusion of your family members on the visa application.
1. The members who can be included in the visa are spouse or partner, and/or your or your partner’s dependent child, and/or your or your partner’s dependent relative.
2. You may want to add 5 points against your partner’s skills on the points test. For that, your partner should have an occupation listed on the same skilled occupation list.
3. Your partner should also go through the same skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.
4. Your partner should also meet English language requirements.
If you want to live and work in Australia, then 189 Visa Australia is a good option for you. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there can be delays in the processing of visas. But, still, you may apply to live and work in Perth. Immigration Agents Perth can help you in getting your doubts cleared. They have a good number of migration agents. You will also receive the assistance of a registered migration agent Perth to consult with.