Overview Of Employer-Sponsored Visa 186
The Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a permanent visa granted to overseas skilled workers their employer’s sponsor. There are three streams under this visa, which are discussed here.
Direct Entry Stream
- If you are a skilled worker and nominated by an employer, you can stay and work in Australia permanently under this stream.
- Your nominated occupation should be available on the relevant list of skilled occupations.
- At least a competent level of knowledge of the English language is necessary.
Labour Agreement Stream
- This stream also allows overseas skilled workers to live and stay permanently in Australia, but your sponsoring employer must have a labour agreement with the Australian Immigration Department.
- You can apply even if you are currently working for an employer.
Temporary Residence Stream
- To apply for the Temporary Residence Stream Visa, you must hold a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 or a relevant bridging visa A, B, or C.
- You should have worked for a minimum of 3 years for your company.
Both these streams under Subclass 186 Visa will allow you to apply for Australian citizenship after a few years of living.
Things You Should Consider During The Visa Application Process
During any visa application, it is crucial to consider a few things. All these things go through a formal verification process, and therefore, you should always consider them while making the application. Look at the five major factors that you should consider during the application process.
1- Choose Subclass 186 Visa as your Primary Visa
There are numerous Australian employer visas, such as a temporary active visa, a temporary skill shortage visa, the visas under a regional sponsored migration scheme, etc. Therefore, when starting with the application procedure, you should check which type is convenient. Thus, if you find that the Employer-Sponsored Visa Subclass 186 matches the requirements, you should select this visa as your primary visa.
2- Qualify the IELTS Exam
For the Visa Subclass 186, you must satisfy several eligibility requirements. First of all, you will need to qualify for the IELTS test. IELTS is an English test widely accepted in many countries, and your proficiency in the English language will be based upon the score. You check with the website to see the score you will be required to show.
3- Fulfil the Eligibility Criteria
Satisfying the 186 Visa conditions is necessary.
- You must have proper qualifications and essential skills in your occupation. That is why you should take a skills assessment.
- The most significant point about this visa is that you can apply at any age. So, there is no age restriction.
- Both your employer and you must have fluency in English to eliminate the communication gap.
4- Complete the Paperwork
The visa application involves a lot of paperwork. For any official purpose, you must first read the paper carefully before you sign it, and it is also applicable to visa terms and policies. Once you have selected the visa, you cannot cancel it, and so, before choosing your visa, you should read all the scheme-related documents.
One point to note here is that no one can help you if you face any difficulties. However, one person can help you with it, and you can learn about it at the next point.
5- Hire an Immigration Agent
Hiring a migration expert can be a very effective option. Their extensive knowledge about different kinds of visas can easily suggest which visa option you should choose. They can also help you in completing the application and keep you updated about the visa processing.
Read Our Latest Blog:- HOW CAN YOU MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA AS A SKILLED WORKER?
Other Common Aspects Of Subclass 186 Visa
In this section, let us discuss the other essential aspects of the Employer-Sponsored Visa 186 that you must note.
1- What is the step-by-step application process for the Subclass 186 ENS Visa?
A six-step application procedure can be followed for the Visa Subclass 186.
- First, you should see whether you meet all the eligibility requirements for the visa. Besides satisfying the general criteria, you should also meet the stream-specific standards.
- If your employer sponsors you under the Direct Entry Stream, you should ask them for the Transaction Reference Number or TRN.
- The third step is a crucial one, where you have to gather all the essential documents, undertake the relevant skills assessment, and qualify for the English test.
- Within 6 months of being nominated, you can apply for this visa. You can make the application either from inside or outside Australia. To complete the visa application, you have to pay the application charge.
- The Department of Immigration may ask you for further information like biometrics or any other data. Whenever they make a request, you should waste no time in responding to them.
- Once the decision is made, you will receive the answer via email. Even if the application gets rejected, the Immigration Department will clarify the reasons and advise whether you appeal the decision.
2- What are the visa conditions?
There are several conditions under the Subclass 186 Visa, which you must comply with while applying for and living in Australia.
- You are not allowed to marry or begin a de facto relationship with your partner in the period between making the application and entering Australia.
- Your visa will lead to cancellation if you do not inform the Immigration Department about the impending marriage.
- While residing in Australia on the ENS Visa 186, you must maintain good character.
- If you violate any terms of the visa, are charged with a criminal offence, or disrupt the peace of the Australian public life, the Department of Immigration will deport you to your home country
3- What is the processing time for the visa subclass 186?
The 186 Visa processing time is different for its three distinct streams.
- Direct Entry Stream: The current processing time for 75% of applications is 7 months, while that for 90% of applications is 10 months.
- Labour Agreement Stream: The number of candidates applying for this stream is relatively low. However, the processing time for 75% of applications is 7 months, while that for 90% of applications is 11 months.
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: Currently, 75% of applications are getting processed within 17 months. On the other hand, 90% of them are getting processed within 21 months.
After you submit your application, you should frequently check your official account to see whether the Department asks for any further information or not.
4- What is the cost of Visa 186?
Right now, the application cost for primary applicants in all three streams is AUD 4115. For a secondary applicant above 18 years of age and having less than a Functional level of English, you have to pay the second instalment of AUD 4890.
5- Can Visa 186 lead to PR?
Visa 186 cannot lead to PR because it is itself a permanent residency visa. It can lead to Australian citizenship.
If you want to apply for a visa while physically present in Australia, you have to hold a relevant bridging visa. Applying inside Australia will allow you to sit with an immigration consultant in Perth. Well, it doesn’t mean you cannot get the necessary help while not being present in Australia. You can contact a professional Migration Agent Perth via email who can help you understand the Australian immigration process.