An individual possessing a permanent visa under Subclass 887 can remain in Australia Permanently. Candidates who have resided and worked in particular regional Australian locations can apply under this visa category. There are no points-based requirements for this visa. Holders of temporary visas for any of the following have access to a permanent processing visa known as the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887:
- Regionally skilled subclass 489 (provisional visa)
- Area Sponsored skilled visa subclass 496 (temporary visa)
- Subclasses 475 and 487 (sponsored by a region for skilled workers visa)
- (Independent regional skilled visa) Subclass 495.
You must comply with the various 887 visa conditions and eligibility criteria prescribed by the immigration department, such as the 887 visa English requirement, health and character standards, etc. You must ensure it before applying to avoid unnecessary delay in processing.
Benefits Of 887 Visa
Following the 887 visa Australia approval, you can take advantage of the following advantages:
- You’ll have the chance to reside and work in Australia.
- Australia allows permanent residency.
- During your visit to Australia, you might pursue your education.
- If your family members qualify for the permanent residency programme, you can sponsor them.
- If you are eligible, you can apply for citizenship in Australia.
- You can use Medicare, an Australian program for paying medical bills.
- You can enter and exit Australia as long as your visa is valid.
Processing Time For Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887
The Department of Home Affairs or the applicant’s approved representative’s document checklist can assist the visa applicant in ensuring that they have attached all necessary papers to the visa 887 application. The website of the Department provides the 887 visa checklist needed for a Subclass 887 Visa.
Skilled regional 887 visa processing time update might vary depending on the specifics of each application, such as:
- How well did you submit your 887 visa application and fulfil 887 visa requirements? It includes all necessary buying credentials.
- How quickly you respond to requests for more context.
- How much time is required for appropriate checks on the additional data provided?
- How long does it take to get feedback from outside organisations about your 887 visa application for skilled independent workers? It is particularly pertinent to the character, health, and national security demands.
- Volume changes for applications.
- Modifications to ministerial policy and objectives
The following processing times caused several recently accepted petitions to languish in limbo for several months:
Regional (Permanent) Skilled Subclass 887 Visa processing time:
- 25% of applications in 11 months
- In 50% of cases, it takes 13 months
- 75% of applications within 17 months
- 90% of applications take 23 months
There are provisions for priority processing for Australian visas under subclass 887. The department may give an application priority consideration according to the new 887 visa update, regardless of the application submission.
For people who have lived and worked in a specific Australian geographical area, the Subclass 887 visa allows them to remain in the country permanently. The 887 Visa fees and duration of the processing are flexible and subject to change. You must visit the Department of Home Affairs official website for the most recent 887 visa news on prices and turnaround times for the Subclass 887 visa.
The processing period stated is still an anticipated processing time. Therefore, visa applications may take longer or even less time. You must know that your 887 visa processing time may not be long if you give the necessary information and proof.
A migration agent in Perth will assist you on how to speed up your 887 Visa processing.