For overseas individuals who have lived and worked in an Australian regional area and want to stay in Australia permanently, the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is the ideal option. This is a skilled work visa designed under the Skilled Migration Program and is granted to applicants who have previously held specific Australian visas. However, you must have lived for and worked for 2 years and 1 year in the regional area, respectively, to be eligible for the Subclass 887 Visa.
Go through this blog to know all the relevant details.
What Does This Subclass 887 Visa Permit You to Do in Australia?
As a holder of the Subclass 887 Visa, you can enjoy the following privileges.
- Besides staying and working in Australia permanently, you can also study your favourite course in an Australian institute.
- You can access Medicare benefits.
- You can include your close family members if they have an eligible Australian visa at the time of the application.
- If your relatives want to come to live with you, you can sponsor their visa applications.
- After several years of stay, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
- This visa allows the holder to travel to and from Australia as many times as they want in the next five years.
One thing to note here is that though the 887 Visa is granted to those living and working in a specified regional area, holders can stay and work anywhere in Australia after receiving the visa.
Also Read Our Lates Blog On:- A COMPLETE GUIDE ON SKILLED REGIONAL VISA SUBCLASS 887
Know The Requirements For 887 Visa
Before you apply, make sure you meet the following 887 Visa requirements.
Holding An Eligible Visa
Anyone wanting to apply for the 887 Visa has to hold an eligible provisional visa at the time of application. The eligible visa options are:
- Subclass 475 Visa
- Subclass 495 Visa
- Subclass 489 Visa
- Subclass 487 Visa
- Subclass 496 Visa
Alternatively, holding a Bridging Visa A or B after making an application for a Subclass 495, 489, or 487 Visa will also make you eligible.
While holding one of the visas mentioned above, you should have lived for at least 2 years in a regional area of Australia.
- If you were nominated by a territory or state government for the visa you held, you should have resided in a low-population growth metropolitan area.
- If a family member sponsored you for your previous visa, living in a designated regional area is required.
To be eligible for the 887 Visa in Australia, having 1 year of full-time work experience in a regional area is necessary.
- Working for 1 year in a low-population growth metropolitan area is required if nominated by a state or territory government.
- You have to show that you have lived in a designated regional area if you received sponsorship from a family member.
Having Maintained The Conditions Attached To The Eligible Visa
You and any family members holding the eligible visa should have complied with all the visa conditions throughout the stay.
As per the Australian Department of Home Affairs rules, all applicants should have a Functional level of English knowledge.
Every applicant has to provide evidence of good health. However, you must ask the authority whether you need to go through health examinations or not.
Every applicant aged over 16 has to meet character requirements. Note that family members not coming with you to Australia should also prove that they have a good character.
No Outstanding Debts To The Australian Government
Not you or any of your family members should have any unpaid debts to the Australian Government. Even if you have, you must at least arrange a repayment.
No Records Of Visa Cancellation
Like any Australian visa, you will not be eligible for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 if you have any previous visa refusal or cancellation record.
From September 2020, concessions have come into effect due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
For onshore applicants,
- 9 months of full-time work experience in a specified regional area of Australia is required.
- 2 years of residence in a specified regional area of Australia is required (no change is made here).
For offshore applicants,
- Working as a full-time employee for 9 months in a specified regional area of Australia is the minimum requirement.
- Living for 18 months in a specified regional area of Australia is the minimum requirement.
Who Can Assist You In Visa Subclass 887?
Only a registered migration agent or lawyer can provide you with detailed assistance. Immigration Agent Perth has provided top-rated migration services in Perth for all kinds of visas, including permanent work visas, student visas, travel visas, partner visas, etc. Therefore, to hire an immigration consultant in Perth, you may contact them.