The Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 provides an alternate means of entry into Australia for skilled workers lacking sponsorship from an Australian company or family member, either in a State or Territory. As long as they fulfil the criteria specified in the framework for the skills assessment, skilled professionals can live, work, and study in Australia with this permanent residency visa.
The Australian Department of Home Affairs’ priorities, whether you filed a decision-ready visa application, the time it takes to process an Australia 189 visa, the results of your medical examinations, and other variables all play a role in the 189 visa processing time.
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Processing Time
Several factors, like the accuracy of your application, the number of applications received by the Department of Home Affairs, and any further checks that may be necessary, may affect how long it takes to process your 189 visa application.
Points Tested Stream visa 189 Processing Times
- Three months for 25% of applications
- Five months for 50% of applications
- Five months for 75% of applications
- Five months for 90% of applications
New Zealand Stream Australia 189 visa processing time
- 11 months for 25% of applications
- 17 months for 50% of applications
- 21 months for 75% of applications
- 25 months for 90% of applicants
The monthly revisions to the worldwide visa processing time indicate how much time you need to complete your application. The processing period for Australia visa 189 is estimated to take three to five months, barring any unforeseen events that would cause a delay. Every applicant gets a unique evaluation from the Department of Home Affairs.
Factors Affecting The Australian Visa Processing Time
The time it takes to process an Australian visa application can vary depending on several factors. These elements have been illustrated with an image and are elaborated upon below:
- Whether you have filed a visa application and included the required proof of eligibility.
- If you submit your application on paper or online applications, facilitate quicker processing.
- How soon do you reply when someone asks for additional details?
- How long does it take us to complete the necessary inspections?
- The length of time it takes to get information from outside sources, especially when it comes to national security, character, and health standards
- How many spots are open for applicants for permanent visas under the migration programme?
- Complex cases, variations in the number of applications, and modifications to Ministerial Directions all affect visa processing time.
During the skilled independent visa 189 processing period, you should expect to be contacted by a case officer from the Australian Immigration Department with several inquiries. It can occur after about 5.5 months because they might want more paperwork to verify your career history and educational background. If the necessary paperwork is not submitted on time, the department has the right to delay your application. Because the government will consider your application after the supporting documents have been uploaded, you could have to wait an extra 45 to 60 days as part of the 189 visa processing period.
The subclass 189 visa is a common pathway for skilled permanent migration to Australia, as it grants applicants permanent status on the day the visa is approved.
The number of applications submitted, the case’s complexity, and the quantity of incomplete applications affect visa 189 Australia processing time. Applications submitted via an online portal and on paper are handled simultaneously. You should do so because submitting your application online makes the processing easier.
The time required for an 189 visa varies depending on the situation. You can submit your visa application with professional support. A visa migration agent in Perth is available to guide you on 189 visa applications and deal with their complexities.