Isn’t it a dream of every student to study in Australia? To explore new opportunities, learn new skills and grow a career, Australia can be a great opportunity. Not only to study, but Australia is an excellent place to work also.
Do you know that the Australian government provides an opportunity for students to study in the country? All you need to do is apply for the student visa 500! With the help of a Student visa, you can enter Australia and begin your studies at the best Australian institutes. The visa will depend on the course you want to pursue and the duration of the program.
In this guide, you will know how to acquire a Visa Subclass 500. You will also learn about the documents needed and the requirements to fulfill to acquire this visa.
Know What is a Student Visa 500?
A 500 visa Australia is a visa that will allow you to stay in Australia for 5 years till the duration of your study. If you want to stay and study in Australia, you need to ensure that you have a valid visa subclass 500. You also need to ensure that you fulfill all the visa conditions and requirements.
Gather All the Details and Know the Processing Time!
It is essential that before you apply for a student visa, you have knowledge about the application process for visa 500. You must know about the student visa 500 checklist and all the requirements that you need to meet. You need to be aware of the step-by-step process for online visa applications. You can find many online contents that have tips for the perfect Australian visa application. Some of the essential things you need to be aware of about the 500 visas are as follows:
- You need to be enrolled in a specific study program in Australia.
- You need to hold OSHC for the entire duration of your program in Australia.
- You need to be at least six years of age or more than that.
- If you are less than 18 years of age, you need evidence of welfare arrangements in the country.
There is no exact processing time for the student visa subclass 500. The authorities assess the applications on a case-by-case basis. The processing time can differ due to different reasons such as:
- If you have submitted the visa application with all the supporting documents. You need to make use of the checklist available at your ImmiAccount to ensure you have attached all the documents.
- If you lodge the visa online or on paper. By applying online, the streamlining process can be faster.
- The time you take to respond to requests for more information or documents.
- The time it takes for the authorities to perform the needed checks.
- The time it takes to receive the information from the external agencies, especially those related to health, character and other national security needs.
Check for the Document List!
Before applying for the 500 visa to study in Australia, look at the student visa 500 checklist to find all the required documents. Some of the important documents you will require to apply for visa 500 are as follows:
- Enrolment proof (eCOE or Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment).
- A valid passport.
- Visa application fee.
- The Genuine Temporary statement.
- Work experience and academic documents.
- Proof of English proficiency skills like IELTS test scores.
- Proof of your financial ability by showing tuition fees, return fare, living expenses and other expenses.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Details of your health insurance policy or OSHC.
- If your age is less than 18 years, then you will need to provide extra documents for the student visa subclass 500. You may have to provide documents such as parental consent.
Meet All the Visa Requirements:
You must ensure that you meet all the requirements before proceeding with the visa application. You need to meet all the visa requirements. To understand the requirements, you can take the help of the student visa 500 checklist or visit the Department of Home Affairs website. You can contact your institute in Australia to gain advice if you have queries. Some of the requirements you need to meet for this visa are as follows:
- You must be enrolled in a CRICOS course and possess your CoE.
- You need to meet the English language requirement as per the standards set by your institute.
- You must meet the health insurance requirement for the student visa subclass 500.
- You also need to ensure that you meet the GTE requirements, which is an important criterion you must fulfill for this visa.
- You also need to meet the relevant character requirement for the visa. You can do this by getting a criminal background check-up at the court, police department or other places in your country.
- You must meet the health requirements for this visa. Sometimes, applicants might need to undergo medical check-ups to meet this requirement.
- You also need to fulfill the financial requirements, which is important if you are a self-sponsored student. You can hire migration experts to learn if you meet the requirements for this specific Australian visa.
Check for the 500 Visa Fee:
You also need to learn about the 500 student visa Australia fees before applying for the visa. The current application charges for the visa 500 are as follows:
- Base application charge: AUD 650
- Additional applicant charge (18 and over): AUD 485
- Less than 18: AUD 160
Hire a Registered Immigration Agent Perth:
The visa subclass 500 is the ideal visa for you if you want to study in Australia. You need to fulfill all the requirements and criteria if you want a 500 visa. Going through the student visa subclass 500 application is a complex process; you may need help from an expert to apply.
If you require help with the student visa 500 application process, you can choose to work with a migration agent in your area. Contact immigration agent Perth to hire the best migration experts who can help you in the application process.
Many people like to visit Australia due to the best and unique study opportunities it provides. A visa subclass 500 is a visa appropriate for people who want to visit Australia for study purposes. In this guide, you learned about the student visa subclass 500 criteria and requirements.
If you are still confused and want help with the student visa 500 application process, you can choose Immigration Agent Perth. They are experts in the field and expert agents can provide you with the best Perth immigration agents who can help you fill up the visa application form.