Australia is a land of opportunities, and there is plenty for all international students. They can opt for the CRICOS or Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students full-time course.
Besides that, international students can work 40 hours each fortnight and reside in the country for 5 years or less. They can also bring their family members.
If you happen to be one of these candidates, you can opt for the student visa 500. You can learn more about the visa and documents required to obtain this particular visa.
What is Student Visa 500 in Australia?
The Student Visa 500 came into effect on 1st July 2016. This particular will let all the international students reside in the country for their study program, which is up to 5 years.
If you want to live in Australia smoothly in the country, you need to make sure that the Subclass 500 visa remains valid. You also need to make sure that you abide by all the conditions mentioned on the student visa.
To learn more about the visa, you can take a look at the Department of Home Affairs website.
What is Included in the Visa Subclass 500?
1. The Documents Checklist
Right before you move to Australia, you must ensure that you have the right set of documents checklist for the subclass 500 student visa. The Student Visa 500 Checklist contains the following documents.
- A copy of yearly and education expenses.
- Previous academic records.
- English Language Proficiency Test Information.
- Confirmation of Enrolment or COE copy.
You must also provide a copy of your finances and work experience covering the accommodation and education. These documents are pretty helpful, and you must have all of them right before you apply for the student visa 500.
2. Proofs of Identification
Studying in Australia will only be a dream for you if you do not provide proof of your identification when applying for the subclass 500 visa. The things you must provide as proof are:
- Records from the local authority.
- Passport copy and Birth certificate.
- Pages of the household registration copy.
- National Identity Card.
3. Confirmation of Enrolment [COE]
Australia’s Department of Home Affairs will request you to show evidence of your admission to an Australian college or university. Here are some of the essential Student Visa 500 information that you must provide:
- All international students must provide a COE or Confirmation of Enrolment letter. The COE offered by the university will help a candidate opt for a CRICOS course from an education institution in Australia.
- Even if students are applying from outside of Australia have to provide the COE letter. This is also the same for candidates who are applying from the country.
- You will be exempted from providing the COE letter if you are a Postgraduate Research candidate and have completed the thesis from Australia.
4. Written Statement from GTE
The student visa subclass 500 application is void and null without GTE or Genuine Temporary Entrant. This is a written statement, which plays an essential part during the visa application process. When the case officer finds out that your intentions are genuine to study Australian soil, you will be provided with the visa on time. Here are some of the points which your GTE must cover:
- Individuals must properly explain to the case officer by mentioning all the information on why they chose Australia and whether they will leave the country after completing their studies. You have to mention your immigration history, how the course you have taken can help you, and your course duration.
- One must provide proof of your yearly expenses finances and manage the expenses of the people who are accompanying you.
Candidates must be upfront and frank when communicating with the case officer. This might be a possibility of a visa rejection if the replies do not sound genuine. It’s advised that one must not lie or hide any information as it can lead to unwanted trouble.
5. Coverage Provided by Insurance
When one has decided to apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500, you will require insurance coverage. Here are the things you must arrange:
- OSHC or Overseas Student Health Cover, which is a health certificate. A health insurance provider in Australia should approve the certificate.
- Individuals who do not have the OSHC cover will not be provided with medical facilities. This health cover’s validity is meant from when the subclass 500 visa was granted to its extent.
- If a candidate’s dependents reside with them, they can also benefit from all the health benefits.
6. Criteria for Character and Health
When applying for the Subclass 500 visa, one must submit a health certificate that mentions all the necessary check-ups. Apart from that, candidates must also obtain a character certificate from the local police station. A person’s character should be clean if they want to get their Student Visa approved.
7. Language Requirements in English
Australia is an English-speaking nation, and a candidate should be acquainted with English. Due to such reasons, one has to clear the language proficiency examination to get admission to an Australian college or university.
There are many popular examinations, such as PTE and IELTS, suggested by multiple universities. The minimum score for IELTS should be 5.5, for ELICOS should be 4.5 and 5 Band. PTE, on the other hand, requires a minimum point of 42.
What are the Benefits of Subclass 500?
Students will receive many benefits through the visa subclass 500. Some of these benefits are:
- Once the course begins, students can work 40 hours every fortnight.
- Individuals can include information about their family members in their visa application.
- Candidates who complete the higher education course will become eligible to apply for a 2-year work visa.
- The subclass 500 can help a candidate earn many points to become a permanent resident in Australia.
Cost and Processing Time For Subclass 500
The cost for the Student Visa 500 is AUD630. The processing time can be delayed if one doesn’t pay the fees on time. About 75% of the visas are processed within 2 months, and 95% are done within 90 days.
Book Your Consultation With Immigration Agent Perth
Interested individuals who wish to apply for the visa subclass 500 can speak with the experts from Immigration Agent Perth. Their professionals and skilled Migration Agent Perth can assist them in applying for the visa with no hassle. Being one of the leading Immigration Perth service providers, they will guide and help you during the entire visa process.