Student Visa Subclass 500

5 Steps To Extend Your Student Visa Subclass 500

The Student Visa 500 will allow all international students to remain within Australia for five years for a full-time study from an educational institution. With the Student Visa Subclass 500, candidates can participate in an eligible course of study and include their family members or partner within the application. The visa can be applied out or inside of Australia, and students will be allowed to work 40 hours every two weeks once their course begins.

To opt for the Visa Subclass 500, students have to be six years of age or older, provide the CoE or Confirmation of Enrolment, evidence on English language skills and meet all the character and health requirements. Apart from that, the candidates and their family members should be covered by OSHC or Overseas Student Health Cover from an Australian health insurance provider.


A Step By Step Guide For Student Visa Extension

In Australia, when individuals wish to extend their Student Visa, they need to apply for a brand-new one right before the current one expires. Otherwise, they will be deported out of the country and will affect future visa applications. That’s why it’s better not to procrastinate; candidates must apply for the visa three months before placing all their paperwork together. To apply for the extension, please check the information below. 

Step 1: Enrol To The Course You Like And Arrange An OSHC

All international candidates are required to produce a Confirmation of Enrolment from their respective university or college. Also, individuals must look for a trusted and reliable education provider for the course they wish to study within the Australian soil. The CoE will be given to the candidates once they have enrolled in their respective courses, paid their course fees, and have been assured a place. 

The Government of Australia wants all overseas students to carry health insurance, so candidates must continue with their existing OSHC. This has to be put out until the new Student Visa 500 Australia expires. Students must contact their health insurance provider to extend the end date of their Overseas Student Health Cover.

Step 2: Gather All The Necessary Documents For The Students Visa Application 

When individuals have secured their OSHC and obtained their CoE, they can put all their paperwork together for their Visa Subclass 500 applications. Using the Document Checklist Tool will be an excellent choice to show the documents, which the Ministry of Home Affairs needs. The list of documents might change as it will depend on one’s education provider and the reason, he/she is applying for the visa. Here are documents, which international students need to provide.

Candidates must provide a personal statement. Here, they need to include the reason for extending their studies and why they are essential for their future. They also need to state how their situation in Australia and the situation back home are. 

  • Must provide a marriage certificate. [If it’s pertinent]
  • Migration agent form 956. [If needed]
  • Parent consent if the candidate is under 18 years of age.
  • National Identification card. 
  • OSHC policy number. [The dates of the policy number should match with the visa]
  • A passport ID page along with a copy of all the pages with an Australian immigration stamp.
  • A certified copy of the Student’s birth certificate. 

Provide Evidence on Financial Capability 

All candidates must show that they have enough funds for a year to cover their expenses, course fees, and the costs for their family members. Otherwise, they can also provide evidence that their parents or partner can support them and have an income of AUD 60,000 or AUD 70,000 annually for students accompanied by their parents or partner. 

Secondary exchange students must provide an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students form. Apart from that, students can also provide a Letter of support from the Department of Defence or Foreign Affairs and Trade. 


Step 3: Submit The Australian Student Visa Application

Students must open their ImmiAccount and attach all their essential documents and lodge their application. It will cost AUD 620. Once the work is done, the candidates will receive a letter of acknowledgement from Home Affairs. So, one must check their email frequently and respond immediately to any queries for a quick turnaround time. 

There is no need to go into a state of panic if the visa gets denied. On certain occasions, the case officer will require more information and send an IMMI S56 Request to the Student to obtain more information. When they have denied the visa, one can appeal the decision by taking the help of the immigration experts [This is for onshore visa application only].

Step 4: The Biometrics

Once an applicant has applied, he/she will be asked for biometrics. The applicant will receive a letter and will also be able to view this particular request on their ImmiAccount. Individuals must act immediately as soon as they receive the letter because they will be given only 14 days to provide their biometrics. 

Step 5: The Medical Examination 

All international candidates must get their health checked to prove there are perfectly healthy from inside and out. If an individual had a health check-up a year ago, they must get it done once more. On the ImmiAccount, one must press the “health assessment” tab, where they will receive a HAP number along with a referral letter to a clinic.

It will specify the health assessments that he/she needs. Candidates must provide their HAP ID number and the referral letter to the health clinic they are visiting. When the medical examination is completed, the eMedical service will send the medical report to the Department of Home Affairs for further assessments. 

How To Apply For Visa 500 Extension?

To apply for the Student Subclass 500, you need to hold a valid Bridging Visa A [BVA] when you have applied for this particular visa while still living in Australia. Through the BVA visa, you will be allowed to reside within the country while your Student Visa 500 is being processed and will commence as soon as the current one expires. 

Get The Best Immigration Agent For Your Student Visa 500

Students interested in applying or extending their Student Visa 500 can contact the best Immigration Consultant Perth for the job. They have plenty of experience in this area and have helped many international students in the past. The Immigration Agent Perth WA will provide you with all the help you need with the visa process and offer you tips and advice.