7 Effective Methods For Sponsoring Your Parents To Australia

Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident who wants to bring their parents in Australia? With the Australia Parent Migration Visa, people with permanent residency or citizens can sponsor their parents for a PR visa. However, applying for a parent visa Australia is not easy. Therefore, you will require professional assistance. An immigration agent Perth, WA, can assist you in settling down in Australia with your parents due to extensive expertise and years of experience in Australian immigration.

Parent Visa Australia

Parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or qualifying New Zealand citizens may live permanently in Australia due to the Parent Visa. There are two different sorts of parent visas: Contributory Parent Visa Australia and Non-Contributory Parent Visas. The fees charged and benefits level or protection your parents receive from the Australian government.

One of the most crucial decisions you can make is selecting the appropriate visa option for parents in Australia. An improper visa could cause a lot of worries and more severe problems, but the right one can provide your family the chance to live together in security and comfort.

The eligibility criteria for a parent visa Australia are as follows:

  • An eligible child of a New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or both must be the applicant’s parents.
  • The applicant must have a child who has lived legally in Australia for at least two years before applying for a visa.
  • The applicant needs a sponsor.
  • The candidate must be in good moral and physical health.
  • He must have enough funds to pay for their expenses while they are in the nation.
  • The parents visiting Australia must pass the balance-of-family test
  • Ensure they have their own AoS.

Latest  Blog: A Guide To Parent Visa Options In 2023: Making The Right Decisions For You And Your Family!

The Best Methods Or Visas To Bring Parents To Australia

You can always invite your parents to come and stay with you on a visitor visa or Australia visa for parents. It’s essential to know that there are Sponsored Parent Visa Australia alternatives if you wish to extend your parent’s stay with you in the country because you are expecting a child, they are retiring, or they want to spend more time with you. Here are available visa options to sponsor your parents to come to Australia:

  • Sponsored parent visa Australia 870 (Provisional): 

The Australian Sponsored Parent Visa (Subclass 870) allows parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents to reside in Australia with their children for 10 years. This 10-year parent visa Australia does not lead to permanent residency.

  • Non-contributory parent visa Subclass 103

Parents whose children or stepchildren are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or qualified citizens of New Zealand are eligible to apply for this Subclass 103 visa. The 103 Parent Subclass Visa allows the holder, their accompanying dependents, and parents immigration Australia as permanent residents. You may enrol in a course of your choice or find employment.

  • Aged parent visa Subclass 804

Aged parent visa permanent visa Subclass 804 is available to parents whose children have been long-term residents of Australia. An Aged parent visa Australia enables the qualified candidate to remain in Australia indefinitely. The applicant’s studies in Australia are now possible. It permits the holder to employment in Australia. They are eligible for several benefits, including health insurance and other insurance plans.

  • Contributory Aged parent visa Subclass 864

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864) enables parents of an eligible child who are retired to live in Australia as permanent residents. The holder of this visa will eventually be allowed to apply for Australian citizenship and work and study there. Additionally, they can travel indefinitely for five years, sponsor qualifying family members to immigrate to Australia, and use Medicare (the public healthcare system). 

  • Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

Contributory parent visas allow parents of qualifying Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or citizens of New Zealand to immigrate and reside permanently in Australia. The visa holder may apply on behalf of other family members, such as their spouse, children who are dependent on them, or other dependents. The child must be eligible and live in Australia to sponsor the visa. The child must be older than 18 for sponsoring parents to Australia. The kid’s spouse, a family member, or a community organisation may nominate the contributing parent visa (subclass 143) if the child is a minor. Subclass 143 visa processing time is 3.5 to 4 years.

  • Contributory Aged parents Subclass 884 (Provisional)

This visa allows an elderly parent of an Australian citizen, a person with a permanent one, or a citizen of New Zealand who meets the requirements to go to Australia and temporarily join the family. When the applicant applies for Contributory Aged Parent Visa 864 within two years of receiving Contributory Aged Parent Visa 884, the two-stage visa application process can result in a permanent visa. This visa has a higher application fee for older parents who want to avoid the drawn-out 30-year waiting time in a typical Aged Parent 804 Visa Australia.

  • Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173 (Provisional)

The Australian Contributory Parent Visa enables parents of those who qualify to reside temporarily. The Subclass 173 Visa cannot be renewed or extended, nevertheless. Eligible to apply for this sort of visa through his eligible children, a candidate must pass the balance of family test.

Subclass 173 Contributory Parent Visa applicants may travel and reside in Australia for up to two years with their kids if they are qualifying sponsors. It is a transitory visa with the option to convert it into a permanent subclass 143 visa Australia.

Must Read: What Are The Qualities Of The Best Visa Consultants In Australia?

Frequently Asked Questions

How Much Does A Parent Visa Application Cost?

Parents PR Australia costs $4,355 to obtain for the primary applicant. You must pay an AUD43,600 contributing fee before receiving the visa. The department may ask the amount following the necessary background checks for criminal activity and health. When this payment is due, the Department will let you know. 

What Is Australia Parent Visa Processing Time?

The Australian Department of Home Affairs does not publish projected processing times for applications for Contributory Parent, Parent, Contributory Aged Parent, and Aged Parent visas. Some visa applications have a quota and a waiting list. According to their estimates, it will take at least 12 years for new Contributory Parent visa applications that meet the requirements to be released for final processing after they have been placed in a queue. It could take at least 29 years for your application to be approved if you submit an application for a non-contributory parent visa and meet the requirements to be placed in a queue.

Can A Parent Visa Allow Me To Work In Australia?

There are no job privileges attached to a temporary parent visa Australia. A Subclass 870 visa for parents with a prolonged stay also prohibits employment.  You can work in Australia without any restrictions if you have a Contributory Parent Visa, a Parent Visa, or an Aged Parent Visa.

Read: A Guide To Migrating To Australia!


A tourist visa for parents Australia allows parents of an Australian citizen to visit their child for a short period. However, a parent visa is essential for those parents who want to stay there for extended time.

Due to restrictions and changes to visa conditions, it can be challenging to understand the Australian Immigration Act. Whether or not the application complies with Australian immigration law will determine whether or not you will get your parent visa. When immigration law changes, Australia parents visa requirements also change. Your application must be compliant with all current visa restrictions and criteria if you use a Registered Migration Agent.