Australia is giving a wonderful opportunity to its overseas learners to stay and work in the nation temporarily after the completion of their studies. Thinking how? Well, the answer is visa subclass 485. Yes, with the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 the learner can stay and work in Australia for a particular period of time by optimizing their knowledge and skills in the best possible way. Furthermore, there are two different streams of the visa subclass 485, namely, the graduate work stream and that of the post-study stream.
The former is designed for students who have gained certain types of skills and knowledge after completing their graduation from their native country and let them stay and work in Australia for a time-frame of 18 months. Conversely, the latter allows the learners to stay and work in Australia at least for 2-4 years after they have completed their graduation from a reputed Australian college/university. So, the following write-up is about some of the most prominent frequently asked questions or FAQs related to the temporary graduate visa subclass 485.
1. How Long Can I Stay In Australia With The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485?
It entirely depends on which visa stream you have applied for. If you have applied for the graduate stream, then you cannot stay in Australia for more than 18 months. But, if you have applied for the post-study stream, then the duration can be as short as 2 years and can be lengthened up to 4 years, depending on the duration of your course. To be even more specific, you will be allowed to stay in Australia for 2 years if you have applied for a Bachelor’s Degree Program, 3 years for a Master’s Degree Program, and 4 years if you have enrolled yourself for a Ph.D. level program.
2. What is the Minimum Qualification Required For The Visa Subclass 485?
Well, in order to become eligible for the visa subclass 485, you must have completed a graduate-level program either from Australia or from your home country, comprising a minimum duration of at least 2 years which has to be equal to 92 weeks.
3. Is There Any English Language Requirement For The Subclass 485 Visa Australia?
Yes, you will have to appear for a certain English language exam, which is also known as the IELTS test, and, which is certainly considered as one of the essential requirements of the subclass 485 visa Australia. You will have to secure 6 points as the overall score and 5 points in each of the four areas of English i.e. listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
4. Do I Need To Qualify In A Skills Assessment?
Definitely, but, only if you have applied for the Graduate Work Stream. However, becoming eligible for the skills assessment test also requires you to meet a particular requirement. This needs you to choose an occupation that is included in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), or else you won’t be considered eligible for a skills assessment test at all.
5. What Are The Eligibility Criteria For The 485 Subclass Visa?
There are certain eligibility criteria which the learner has to meet effectively so as to become eligible to apply for the 485 subclass visa successfully. Some of these criteria include:
• You should meet all your study requirements within the last six months whilst staying in Australia.
• The occupation which you have chosen must be relevant according to the degree of your graduation.
• Qualifying in the skills assessment test is also important to prove that you possess all the essential skills and knowledge to work for your chosen occupation.
• You must have met the relevant age requirement as well, hence, should be below 50 years of age.
• The course of study with which you have graduated recently must be registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institution and Courses for Overseas Students.
• Make sure that you have also submitted all the required documents before applying.
• To be eligible for the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485, you should also be the holder of a valid visa pertinent to your home country.
In case, if you fail to meet any of these criteria, do inform about it immediately to your immigration department in order to remain lawful with your visa application procedure.
6. What Is The Limit To Apply For the Visa Subclass 485?
You should apply within 6 months from the date on which you had obtained your graduation level degree, and, not after that. If you exceed the expected period of time, the Department of Home Affairs won’t allow you to apply the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 at all.
7. Can I Still Apply For Visa 485 If I Have Got Exemptions After Completing A 2-year Program?
As you must have learned above that qualifying for the visa subclass 485 requires you to essentially complete a 2-year program which should be equal to 92 weeks as stated by the Department of Home Affairs. However, if you have got exemptions due to the record of your previous studies, then, the length of your chosen course can decrease a bit. Nonetheless, the actual duration of your academic course has to be 2 years and not less than that.
8. Should I Stay In Australia While Applying For The 485 Visa?
Yes, you must be inside Australia while applying for the visa subclass 485. But, make sure you are not applying while being in immigration clearance or else your visa won’t be approved.
Also, Read – Visa Subclass 500 Financial Requirements
9. Should I Qualify In The English Language Test Before Applying For My Graduate Visa?
Without any doubt yes, because, before applying for your Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485, one of the requirements which you should have met is passing the English language test successfully. For, the Department of Home Affairs wants you to possess a reasonable proficiency in the English language as one of the pre-requisites of the application process of subclass 485 visa Australia, failing which you may face a sudden rejection/cancellation of your visa application.
Get In Touch With The Best Immigration Agent Of Perth!
In case, any doubt or query arises in your mind related to any of the aforesaid FAQs, always feel free to get in touch with a competent Immigration Agent Perth and your agent will clarify each of them quite efficiently.