When it comes to migration to another country, Australia has been one of the most popular choices. The key reason behind it is Australia’s growing economy which ensures more career opportunities. Also, the community life is peaceful here that offers a better quality of living.
For immigrants who want to live permanently in Australia, a permanent residency or PR visa is the best option. The visa remains valid for five years. With this visa, you can also bring your family members to stay with you in Australia. And, after waiting for about three years, you may then apply for Australian citizenship.
Benefits Of Australian Permanent Residency
There are certain benefits of getting a PR visa, which is as follows:-
- It will allow you to live permanently and travel to any place within the country.
- You can attend your desired higher study program in an Australian institute and apply for various educational loans.
- After two years of living with a PR visa, you can get social security payments.
- It will let you sponsor the PR of your relatives on the condition that they fulfill all the terms and conditions.
- You will become eligible to apply for government jobs.
- And, you can even fly to New Zealand and get a visa there.
Eligibility Criteria For Australian PR
There are different visa categories under which you can apply and get an Australian PR. These categories have specific eligibility requirements. But in general, the eligibility criteria for an Australian PR are as follows.
- Point’s requirement: Whether you are eligible for a PR visa will be determined by points. You have to get at least 65 points on the Point’s Grid. There are various criteria to score points, i.e. points are calculated against different parameters like age, English language proficiency, educational qualification, work experience (inside and outside Australia), etc. The more you will score, the higher your chances of getting an invitation to apply for an Australian PR.
- Age: You should be aged between 18 and 45 at the time of your application. However, an applicant of 18 years of age will get the same points compared to another applicant who is 40 years of age. You will get the maximum point (30) if your age is between 25 and 32.
- English language proficiency: You must prove that you have a certain level of competency in the English language. If you score as high as 8 band score in the IELTS exam, you can get a maximum point of 20. The Australian Department of Immigration also accepts scores of other English tests like PTE or TOEFL. Before giving the test, you should check the required score.
- Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL): You have to select an occupation included in the skilled occupation lists mentioned below. Only those occupations are available on the list currently accepted by the Australian Department of Immigration for migration to Australia. The three Skilled Occupation List categories are Short-term Skilled Occupation List, Medium- and Long-term Strategic Skills List, and Regional Occupations List.
- Work experience: If you are a skilled employee outside Australia with a work experience of 8 to 10 years counted back from the PR application date, you will get a maximum of 15 points. Accordingly, fewer years will yield fewer points. There will be an extra advantage if you have been a skilled employee in Australia and have 8 to 10 years of experience on your shoulders. It will provide you with as many as 20 points.
- Educational qualifications: If you have earned a Doctorate from any Australian university or a foreign university recognized by the Australian government, you will get the maximum point of 20. A degree of Bachelor’s or Masters from any Australian or foreign university will give you 15 points, while an Australian Diploma or Trade Qualification will help you score about 10 points.
- Spouse application: It will be beneficial for you if your spouse also applies for the Australian PR. It will add five points to your Expression of Interest. However, specific requirements must be met by your spouse to get these extra five points.
– Your spouse should also be under 45.
– They must have basic competency in the English language.
– The job occupation code should be present in the occupation list, same as that of the primary applicant.
You will be glad to know that the Australian PR application has become much more accessible by scoring higher points of 80.
Also Read:- Be A Permanent Resident In Australia With 189 Visa Australia
Australian PR Visa Options And Its Requirements
In Australia, you will find many options to apply for your permanent residency. Based on your eligibility criteria, you can choose the suitable one for you. The most used options are:
- Family-stream PR visas: With this family visa, one can migrate to Australia if a close family member is an Australian permanent resident or has obtained citizenship. It will mostly give preference to the citizen’s or the permanent resident’s spouse or partner, dependent children, and parents. Older and dependent relatives of the citizen or the permanent resident can also migrate.
- Business or Investment-stream PR visas: If you wish to make investments in Australia for any business purpose, you can apply for this business visa. You should have previously held the Provisional Visa Subclass 188 for a minimum of one year to become eligible for this visa. You should also meet the financial requirements.
- Work-stream PR visas: If an employer sponsors you, you can apply for this visa. There are three streams for this visa.
– Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): If you have the specific skills required by the Australian government, you can apply for this stream. You do not need any sponsor or nominator in Australia for a 189 Visa.
– Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): Like the previous stream, you should get the invitation to apply for this visa. But you should have your employer sponsor you in Australia for the 190 Visa.
– Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491): You have to meet the general requirements and receive the required sponsorship or nomination from any Australian state or territorial government.
Visa Subclass 491 is not exactly a permanent visa as it has a validity of 5 years. However, you can convert it to a PR visa later.
Documents Required In Permanent Residency Application
You must submit several documents while applying, which are: completed form of application, birth certificate, character certificate, nomination proof, English language test results, evidence of educational credential assessment, police clearance certificates, business reference letters, two photographs of passport size, and spouse skill documents if your spouse also applies for PR visa. If you need help to regard the arrangement of the correct set of documents, Immigration Agents Perth can come in handy.
Steps In The PR Application Process:
In only 8 steps, you can get your PR visa.
- Step 1: In the first step, you should check if you satisfy all the criteria, your occupation is on the skilled occupation list, and you have the minimum point requirement.
- Step 2: Next, you should take the necessary English language test. Any test, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE, can be accepted.
- Step 3: In the third step, you should have your Skills Assessment. An approved authority will get it done for you by analyzing all the educational and technical skills required to work in Australia.
- Step 4: Here, you should register the EOI on the appropriate website. You need to fill an online form by answering several questions. Submitting this document is a must for getting the PR.
- Step 5: After you submit and the authority will analyze it and send you the invitation to apply.
- Step 6: Finally, you should apply.
- Step 7: Your next job is to get the character and health clearance certificates.
- Step 8: Now, you can receive your PR visa.
The process can be complicated, and it is recommended to contact the best Immigration Agents Perth who can help you immensely.