Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 is for the international skilled and qualified student who have graduated recently. This can be availed to study, live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. It is valid minimum of 18 months to a maximum of 4 years (depends on your condition). It can help you to increase the chances of a provisional skilled or permanent visa. There are two types of temporary graduate visa:-
- Graduate Work- Stream
- Post study Work Stream
1. Graduate Work- Stream– This kind of 485 subclass visa is for the students who have already done their studies from Australia at least 2 years and who have selected an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) of Australia. The selected occupation should be correlated with the studies undertaken by the applicant. This kind of subclass visa is valid for 18 months and can be granted under the Graduate Work Stream.
2. Post-study work– This kind of Visa Subclass 485 stream is for those international students who had already done their bachelor’s or higher degree from higher education institution of Australia and wants to continue in Australia for up to 4 years. Applicants of this stream have to choose an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). This visa is valid minimum of 18 months to 4 years depending on the requirements and qualifications of the applicant:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree – 2 years
- Master’s degree(Research based) – 3 years
- PhD Degree – 4 years
What are Eligibility Criterias for Visa Subclass 485?
Following are the basic requirements for applying visa subclass 485:
- Age- Applicant should be less than 50 years (as on the date of application).
- English Proficiency- Applicant should able to showcase their English proficiency by taking some kind of Standard English test (IELTS, PTE academy, OET, CAE, and TOEFL etc.)
- The Applicant should hold an eligible visa
- Applicant should have qualified a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students ( CRICOS) registered course
- Applicant should have completed their study in Australia.
- Applicant should fulfil relevant stream requirements
Requirements for Skill Graduate Work Stream (valid for 18 months)
- Applicant’s stream of study should be there in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) streams.
- Applicant should fulfil the requirements of study as per Australian norms.
- Applicant Should chose an occupation from Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
Requirements for Post Study Work Stream (valid up to 4 years)
- Applicant should fulfil the basic eligibility.
- Applicant should fulfil the requirements of study as per Australian norms for at least 2 years.
- Applicant should have completed education in the past 6 months.
Benefits of Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485:-
- Applicant’s dependent family members can be included in this visa application.
- This visa will allow applicants and family members for staying and after completion of the studies in Australia on a temporary basis, along with that they can travel, work and study.
Who are the family members can be included in this Subclass 485 Visa?
The applicant can include following family members
- Dependent child
- Applicant and applicant’s spouse dependent relatives
How to Apply For Subclass 485 Visa Australia?
Applicants can apply online on the Department of Home Affairs. You should be ready with your all necessary documents and you have to pay online to secure a valid visa application. For more details you can contact Immigration Agent Perth.
Processing Fees for 485 Visa Australia:
Processing fees for 485 Visa depends upon the stream for which an applicant is applying and the number of applicants. Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) Application Fee:
- Applicant AUD $1,500 (Approx.)
- Dependent1 (Adult) AUD $750
- Dependent2 (Child) AUD $375
Processing Time for Visa Subclass 485:
Processing time for Visa Subclass 485 also depends on Work-Stream. For Graduate Work-Stream it is 74 days – 4 months and for Post Study work Stream it is 55 days – 67 days.