Different types of Partner visa in Australia
Partner visa Australia is generally of two types – Temporary and Permanent partner visa. To apply for the visa, you must be aged over 18 years and must be married to or in a de facto relationship with an Australian permanent resident, and Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Fulfilling the eligibility criteria is necessary for the visa and also the applicant must be sponsored for minimum 2 years by their Australian independent partner or de facto partner.
Two types of Partner visas:
1. Temporary Partner Visa
It allows you to enter and live with your partner in Australia on temporary basis, generally for waiting phase of 2 years from the date of application of the visa. You can apply for any one from the two subclasses – Subclass 820 and 309, depending on a condition:
- You can apply for subclass 820, if you are onshore in Australia i.e., you are living with your partner in Australia.
- You can apply for subclass 309, if you are offshore i.e., you are outside Australia and want to live with your partner in Australia.
2. Permanent Partner Visa
It allows you to live with your partner in Australia on permanent basis but you are eligible to apply for the visa only if after the waiting phase of 2 years you are still in a relationship with your partner or married to your partner. You can apply for any one from the two subclasses – Subclass 801 and 100, depending on a factor:
- You can apply for subclass 801, if you are onshore in Australia i.e., you are living with your partner in Australia.
- You can apply for subclass 100, if you are offshore i.e., you are outside Australia and want to live with your partner in Australia.
Benefits of Partner Visa
1. Temporary Partner visa – comes with limited benefits
- Until the decision of permanent partner visa, live and work in Australia
- Register in Medicare – Health related care and expenses
- Study in Australia without government funding
- On your application include dependent children
2. Permanent Partner Visa – comes with all the benefits of permanent residency
- Live and work for unlimited period of time
- Study in Australia
- Register in Medicare – Health program
- Eligible to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residency
- Travel in and out of the country as you like
Application procedure for a Partner visa
1. You must provide essential documents like marriage certificate, health/character documents with your application to prove the declaration that you make.
2. The partner visa can be applied online, by post or in person. With necessary documents and visa application fee, you can lodge your application.
3. Decision on the visa application can take several months and you have to wait patiently for the decision.
4. After your application gets approved, you will receive your visa.
The complete process is a little complex and it is advisable to get expert advice for a quick and positive outcome. Immigration agent in Perth have helped many with our services to obtain a Partner visa. We are positioned to perfection for evaluating your eligibility and determining whether you would be eligible for partner visa. Get in touch with Immigration Agent Perth for valuable advice and right guidance throughout the process.
If you are also searching for professionals for a contributory parent visa, then without any doubt contact us and our team will be happy to help you.